CompTIA is the most important organization in the global technology community. Its goal is to provide a unified voice, leadership, and advocacy on a global scale, as well as to encourage growth in the industry through standards, professional skills, education, and business solutions. CompTIA has put together a number of certification programs, including the CompTIA Linux+ certification.
CompTIA Linux+ (Powered by LPI) tests the basic tasks that almost all Linux partitions and UNIX flavors know how to use and run. The one exam you have to pass to get the CompTIA Linux+ certification (XK0-004) covers the same topics as the two exams you have to pass to get the LPIC-1 (LPI Level 1 — Linux Administrator) certification. As a bonus, you can apply for and get the LPIC-1 certification right away after getting the Linux certification.
CompTIA Linux+ certification shows that you know how to work with it without breaking it. Even though this seems like a put-down, it says a lot to a Hiring Administrator who is looking for Linux-certified or experienced people for entry-level or junior-level jobs.
Importance of Linux+
The number of people using Linux keeps growing. Linux is very common in server rooms, and all of the major public cloud providers allow Linux images to speed up the creation of virtual instances. Add to that the fact that nearly 80% of the smartphone market is made up of Android, which is based on Linux, and you’ll see that
CompTIA Linux+ certification gives you an edge over the competition.
First and foremost, CompTIA Linux+ certification makes a person much more ambitious in the IT job market. Over the past many years, we’ve found that most people with the Linux+ certification get jobs. As IT administrators and support staff in a wide range of businesses. Some end up working for smaller companies, where they need a wider range of skills. While others work for large companies with fewer technologies, or even at managed services providers (MSPs), which offer many levels of IT support for other companies.
Demand of Linux+ Professionals
The Linux+ certification is in high demand, and 89% of employers say it is hard to find open-source talent. According to the Linux Foundation’s Open Source Jobs Report. By getting a CompTIA Linux+ certification, you’ll stand out from the masses and make their work simpler. Certifications tell management exactly what skills you have and also show how driven and committed you are.
A Step towards Bigger Goals
The LPIC-1 can be given by LPI to IT professionals who have their CompTIA Linux+ certification. Getting a CompTIA Linux+ certification is the first step toward more advanced, distribution-specific CompTIA Linux+ certifications like SUSE Certified Engineer.
With CompTIA Linux+ Certification, you will gain the following Skills:
- You will learn how to talk to Linux through the bash shell and why this is more important than the Graphical User Interface (GUI).
- You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of how Linux’s partitioning differs from that of Windows Server, allowing you to better manage both types of partitions.
- Getting your CompTIA Linux+ certification will boost your abilities as a software installer for large organizations.
- Becoming certified in CompTIA Linux+ shows that you understand how and why to build applications from scratch.
- Standard Linux permissions will be mastered by you.
- You’ll learn the ins and outs of using a web-based interface to control printing across a network.
- You’ll be able to tell the difference between “the Red Hat way” and “the Debian way” of installing applications.
- You’ll learn enough about log files and how to set up automatic updates in bash. Whenever a log change as part of the CompTIA Linux+ certification.
- Secure remote administration of Linux servers will be taught, with an emphasis on doing so from an administrative workstation running Windows, Mac OS, or Linux.
- Methods that consume a lot of CPU and memory (physical and virtual) will be identified, and you’ll discover how to employ the necessary tools to track them down.
Any time you pass a certification exam, it’s a big deal, but you also need to have the information. You need to apply what you learned back at work right at your fingertips. Certification in Linux+ is useful in the professional sector and as study material for the CompTIA Linux+ tests.
The possibilities are endless when you’ve earned your CompTIA Linux+ certification. You can either start working for a software firm to supplement your education with practical experience. Or you can begin studying for advanced certifications in preparation for the job market.